Notice

Find us on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/ajmoviereview
Where you can view trailers for our most anticipated films.

Also, find us on Facebook by clicking on the badge on the right.

We would like to take this time to thank all of our loyal supporters and to let you know we will always be around.

Sincerely
The AJ Movie Review

Friday, February 20, 2009

Review: Madea Goes To Jail

Madea Goes To Jail is a film adaptation of a play written by Tyler Perry. The film adaptation stays somewhat true to the original stage production. The film somewhat revolves around the title character Madea.

While the film falls short in promising as much Madea as in the stage play, it does deliver on laughs. I went at 2 o'clock this afternoon and the theater was almost packed. From the moment the film starts you know you are in for a treat.

In the first paragraph I said the film somewhat revolves around the title character. Like most Tyler Perry movies the film also has another separate plot. While the other plot is not connected in any way to Madea, by the end of the film they are loosely tied together.

Madea Goes To Jail is good for a bunch of laughs. At the center of it, their is a heartwarming story of redemption, that all can appreciate. My feelings on the movie are best summed up by the words of another movie patron, "It was well worth the $7.50." Without getting too lengthy...

Madea Goes To Jail - GO NOW!!!

2 comments:

  1. Was it really? I am increasingly becoming tired of the Madea series, I feel they all mirror and repeat each other...should the price be cheaper as the series expands to more audiences across America? I think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was good. I liked it mostly because it was a film adaptation of the play by the same name. Needless to say, I loved the play. I do agree with you though, common elements are being used repeatedly in the series.

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts on our review? or just want to talk, leave us a comment.