Notice

Find us on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/ajmoviereview
Where you can view trailers for our most anticipated films.

Also, find us on Facebook by clicking on the badge on the right.

We would like to take this time to thank all of our loyal supporters and to let you know we will always be around.

Sincerely
The AJ Movie Review

Monday, March 26, 2012

Ultimate Catch-Up Review 1 of 3

Hello everyone! After a long hiatus (which was extended by my extreme laziness) The AJ Movie Review is back. Although my time as of late has been focused on other things, this will still be purely a movie review blog (this may change in the future). With that said reviews might not be in high supply. I will try my best to cover the major films, specifically the ones coming out this summer. Other films will probably be covered in catch-up reviews such as this one. To kick things off I will start with the films I viewed in January. I won't really go into details about the plot of the movies, rather I will give you my opinions of said movie. This is by no means a comprehensive list of what I have seen over the past three months (I'm going by the ticket stubs I could find on my desk).

The Devil Inside

The found footage genre is getting to the point that it needs innovation or it will die soon. Unfortunately, The Devil Inside is not the innovation that is needed. The Exorcist part 46 is predictable and is seldom scary, some of the jump scares were okay though. To make a bad situation worst it ends abruptly (at a point where the film could have gone on to be good) and directs the audience to visit a website for more information. In my opinion it felt like they didn't know how to end the film and just stopped it. Overall, there are better exorcism movies out there.

STAND OUTSIDE YOUR LOCAL THEATER AND WARN PEOPLE

Contraband

Contraband isn't really your standard heist movie, as most of the film takes place on a cargo ship. There probably is a movie that has done this before, but I haven't seen it. Contraband had a mostly all-star cast and was a refreshing start to my movie year (the above movie doesn't count). Overall, it was a really good movie.

GO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red Tails

Red Tails is an exciting retelling of the story of the Tuskegee Airmen. While this movie isn't completely accurate in the historical department, it is very entertaining and gripping. The fact that the project was steered by George Lucas only adds to the entertainment value of it all.

GO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Underworld: Awakening

Underworld Awakening is in my mind the least of the four current films. The series in one take spiraled into loud long action scenes strung together with a weak plot. In my opinion the story and the world that the previous films wove together was one of its strongest attributes. I also have some gripes about the look and design of the lycans this time through. They are shadows of their former selves and although this may be loosely explained in the movie it was just sad. Let's hope the fifth time around is better.

FX/TBS IT

For February's movies take a look at part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on our review? or just want to talk, leave us a comment.