Notice

Find us on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/ajmoviereview
Where you can view trailers for our most anticipated films.

Also, find us on Facebook by clicking on the badge on the right.

We would like to take this time to thank all of our loyal supporters and to let you know we will always be around.

Sincerely
The AJ Movie Review

Friday, February 19, 2010

Review: Shutter Island


This is truly the year of stalled movies. I have seen the trailer for this movie for about 10 months now. The release date for this movie has been pushed back at least twice by now. Anyway let's get down to business....

Shutter Island is the newest film by acclaimed director Martin Scorsese. It takes place on a post WWII pacific northwest island. The story is centered around federal marshal Teddy Daniels (DiCaprio). He has been called to the island because a patient has escaped from the mental institution located there. Accompanying him is his new partner Chuck Aule(Mark Ruffalo). From the moment they arrive on the island there is an air of deception and distrust. As they dive deeper into investigating the disappearance of this patient we become intimately acquainted with the past of Daniels. We learn the true reasons of why he is on the island and what he hopes and thinks he will accomplish while he is there....

Shutter Island is a suspenseful drama of the highest caliber. I've glanced at some reviews that call it drawn out and boring, but I don't feel that way. It kept me on the edge of my seat and I never felt bored. The movie gives you a real good look into a 1950s mental institution. The acting is some of the best that I have seen in the past couple of months. All of the actors performed their parts well. The story took twists and turns, but was never confusing.

Overall, Shutter Island has been the best movie that I have seen this year. My only real complaint was some of the editing that was done. There were instances where the footage was edited in a choppy way. It was clearly not a clever trick to enhance the movie. But, let me say now that if you dare, you should...

GO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(On a side note my co-workers were speculating about how the movie would turn out. I told them how I thought the movie would turn out and they hoped that it wouldn't. It turns out that I was .....................................)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on our review? or just want to talk, leave us a comment.