Notice

Find us on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/ajmoviereview
Where you can view trailers for our most anticipated films.

Also, find us on Facebook by clicking on the badge on the right.

We would like to take this time to thank all of our loyal supporters and to let you know we will always be around.

Sincerely
The AJ Movie Review

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Dual Review: Daybreakers


Daybreakers takes place in a world where almost everyone is a vampire. Everything seems to be going well, except for the fact that those who are not vampires, but normal humans, are hunted and harvested for blood. To make things worse the "supply" of blood is running out and a blood substitute needs to be found quickly before things get out of hand.

Jared's Take:

The story for Daybreakers was put together very well. The premise is interesting and I never found myself bored of my mind wandering. The acting was par for the course and never over the top.

I was really only disappointed in the CGI that was used some of the time. Most of the time the CG was really polished and good. There were sometimes that the CG was downright shoddy. The ending was semi anti-climactic, but not anything I can really complain about.

Overall Daybreakers is not the best movie, but I put it up as a strong...RENT IT!


Allan's Take:

LIKES: I like the semi-original story. Although it's based on vampires, this is the first time I've seen a world completely controlled by them just like they're the "normal" people. However, it is easy to see that the same basic idea is also the basis for the 1950s classic Invasion of the Body Snatchers (which has been remade multiple times). Also most of the special effects and CGI were well done. The Spierig brothers have no problem showing blood in a realistic way.

DISLIKES: Although most of the effects were good, there were at least a couple moments were it was bad. So bad it made me cringe. So I can't say this is a great special effects movie. Also too, Daybreakers lacks that sense of 'yeah, I wanna see this movie again'. It was never boring, but once you've seen it...you've seen it.

RATING: This is a good movie, but like I said before there's no real reason to call this a classic...RENT IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on our review? or just want to talk, leave us a comment.