Notice

Find us on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/ajmoviereview
Where you can view trailers for our most anticipated films.

Also, find us on Facebook by clicking on the badge on the right.

We would like to take this time to thank all of our loyal supporters and to let you know we will always be around.

Sincerely
The AJ Movie Review

Friday, December 25, 2009

Review - Sherlock Holmes


Robert Downing, Jr and Jude Law co-star as Sherlock and Watson in the latest retelling of the adventures of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's famous literary character Sherlock Holmes. The movie, simply titled Sherlock Holmes, features a detective story covering everything from black magic to secret societies that threaten to take over the world. It also features performances by Rachel McAdams (Irene Adler) and Mark Strong (Lord Blackwood...the villain).

The film contains a perfect balance of comedic elements and serious, genuine drama. The story is not very obvious and I couldn't really predict what was going to happen next. The atmosphere is well captured and typical of Victorian London like you've seen in earlier Sherlock and Jack the Ripper movies. The actors do a very good job in bringing the characters to life. I was in particularly impressed with Robert (as I usually am). Many people have been concerned that Sherlock Holmes was going to basically have the same formula as Pirates of the Carribean trilogy. It most assuredly does not. Although both are made by Disney they have separate identities.

The main problem I have with the movie probably has more to do with me than the film itself. I had a bit of difficulty following the story in certain parts because I couldn't understand what was being said all the time. Alot of times people would laugh at something funny I completely missed it, only hearing fast mumbling. I guess it's just me.

Overall this is a pretty good movie. I never got bored and when I got lost I found my way again without missing too much. I don't feel it's a classic just yet but it could become apart of classic trilogy (there'll be others).....for now...RENT IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on our review? or just want to talk, leave us a comment.