Notice

Find us on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/ajmoviereview
Where you can view trailers for our most anticipated films.

Also, find us on Facebook by clicking on the badge on the right.

We would like to take this time to thank all of our loyal supporters and to let you know we will always be around.

Sincerely
The AJ Movie Review

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Dual Review: The Fourth Kind


The Fourth Kind is a movie that tells the story of Dr. Abigail Tyler. She is a mental health doctor that is conducting a sleep disorder study in the town of Nome, Alaska. Since this film is based on "actual events", "real evidence" is shown and heard along with the film. As the film progresses we soon learn that what is occurring may not be a simple sleep disorder. As the film's title implies people in Nome may be being visited by beings not of this world.


Allan's Take: Due to the nature of this film and my response to it, it's best for me to divert from the format we've been using for the last several reviews....I have never been disturbed by a movie before. This one did it. This came from the scenes that were not recreated but actual video/audio recordings from hypnosis sessions. It's more than listening to people talk. The skeptic argument that hypnosis can cause "false memories" doesn't get it done here. Here are some things that happened in the theatre: A) crying B) people leaving feeling ill and/or uncomfortable. People who responded in this way included the younger guys who were there to act stupid. I have never witnessed anything like this in a theatre.


Jared's Take: I believe this film was very well executed. Although the film starts off slow, you really are sucked into the film. The "evidence" is woven into the film seamlessly. The acting was very good and it added to the realism. With all of that said I must warn you, there are elements of this film that are very disturbing. This is the first film that I have sat and watched in the movie theater, in which I found my hand creeping up to my face to cover my eyes. I resisted covering my eyes though and watched the entire film. After the film was over I found that I was highly creeped out. Even now as I write this review I am on edge. This is a film of the rarest kind, it appeals to your emotions and makes you really think.


Allan's Rating: I cannot rate this movie/documentary. It's perfectly made and put together. They accomplished everything they set out to do. But I can't tell people to go see this movie. This subject matter is not for everyone for a variety of reasons. If it's for you then GO NOW but if not then you probably aren't ready for it.


Jared's Rating: This is one of the best films that I have seen all year. If you are interested in ufology in any way, shape, or form this movie is highly recommended. If you can handle the highly disturbing elements that are shown and heard I say.............GO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on our review? or just want to talk, leave us a comment.