Notice

Find us on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/ajmoviereview
Where you can view trailers for our most anticipated films.

Also, find us on Facebook by clicking on the badge on the right.

We would like to take this time to thank all of our loyal supporters and to let you know we will always be around.

Sincerely
The AJ Movie Review

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Review - The Stepfather


The Stepfather tells the story of a psychotic man named David (Dylan Walsh) obsessed with having the perfect family. It is based on an original film (1987) of the same name. The basic idea and plot is the same as the first...beginning with David leaving his family that he just murdered and then going off and deceiving another single and/or divorced woman .

Allan's Take: This film is well-made and well acted for the most part. Unlike so many movies today, it wasn't over-ridden with humor.

However, it wasn't that scary and not very suspensful either. Besides bringing in modern technology (cell phones, internet) there is really nothing this movie does that the original does not.

Jared's Take: The Stepfather was mildly entertaining in my opinion. The plot was very thin, but very easy to follow. The parts that I really liked were the points in which people began to die, but then again that's what I expected to see. The last five minutes of the movie really had my interest.

Now for the bad. The Stepfather is entirely to long. I expected this to be like a slasher flick and for about 20 minutes of the 1 hour and 46 min movie I got what I expected. I know that the film centers around a man that wants to find the perfect family and when he doesn't he kills them, but some scenes made me wonder why they were in the movie. The dialogue was not great and the end was too short. If the filmmakers had taken out the sappy stuff between the main protagonist and his girlfriend that would have made the movie infinitely better.

Allan's Rating: If you're interested in this type of story there really isn't a reason to not just watch the original when it comes on tv...FX/TBS It

Jared's Rating: For the price that I paid, I didn't get a whole lot of what I wanted. I unlike Allan have not seen the original so I'm not sure how great it was. Although this movie has some redeeming qualities, please don't waste your money...FX/TBS It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on our review? or just want to talk, leave us a comment.