Notice

Find us on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/ajmoviereview
Where you can view trailers for our most anticipated films.

Also, find us on Facebook by clicking on the badge on the right.

We would like to take this time to thank all of our loyal supporters and to let you know we will always be around.

Sincerely
The AJ Movie Review

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Review: The Time Traveler's Wife

I decided to go into this movie with an open mind, having read the novel by Audrey Niffenegger. And we all know that movies are never as good as the novel. The movie centers around the life of Clare Abshire, an aspiring artist, who meets and falls in love with her future husband, Henry DeTamble, at the age of six. The only problem: he is 36. Ok, pause......I know what you're thinking, because I thought it too. He later reveals that he is a time traveler from their future, and they are married. It turns out that he time travels at random, while trying to build a life with his beloved in the present day.

The movie follows the chronological order of Clare's life, while also showing what happens to Henry during his many uncontrollable time travels. Although I know that some details were changed for the sake of moving the film along, I thought that some pretty important details were skipped over. This is one time where I can say that reading the book beforehand filled a lot of gaps that I might have otherwise had.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised, because I was definitely ready for it to not live up to my expectations. Although they were not able to fit all of the details in, an excellent job was done in keeping with the spirit of the book. I speak for all the sappy at heart when I say.............



GO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on our review? or just want to talk, leave us a comment.